advice for a naive women

advice for a naive women

Postby k franks on Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:55 am

Hi,
Can anyone help me or give me some advice please.
Just recently my mother–in-law has visited her brother-in-law in Pattaya, and met a Thai man. The thing is she has just lost her husband of 30 years 4 months ago. She told us that she really likes him as he made her feel really special, that they had a lot in common and they had a connection. The thing is that she is very naïve even if she said she is not and I have herd and read all these things about Thai men. She is still in contact with him and says she will be going back.
I don’t want her to get hurt again so any advice would be grateful.

K Franks
k franks

RE: advice for a naive women

Postby AD on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:07 pm

k franks ...........i think i should bite my tongue on this one, but you need to ask the questions, why are there so many Thai girls with kids and no husband, go to a rice growing village and ask yourself why are the women working in the sun when the men lay in the shade drinking with their mates, do you know what a "Mia Noi" is.
I could give you more, but thats enough to go on with .............over to you Colin!
AD

RE: RE: advice for a naive women

Postby colin howard on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:50 am

good advice AD , but i for one believe it is wasted , he will most likely love her to bits , come up with grandiose money making business deals , when she,s cleaned out move on to another mug , charlie .
colin howard

Postby Erica on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:28 pm

Colin,
Didn't you just say something about not jumping to conclusions since we only know one side of the story in the other thread? Or is it different for a man vs. a woman?
Erica

Postby colin howard on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:21 pm

quite right erica , i did jump to conclusions as you say , i should have said many foreign men are on the lookout for rich widows , i personaly have seen two myself and read about many others over the years , but this of course do,s not mean the man in question falls into this category regards , colin .
colin howard

Postby Erica on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:55 am

k frank,
I'll try not to make any conclusions on the situation you've shared here, But generally speaking Thai men are notorious social butterflies regardless of whether the women are Thais for foreigners. There are, of course, countless acceptions that would prove my statement to be wrong. Perhaps, the closest to the best thing for your mother-in-law to do is to find out as much as she possibly can about him. It may not be harmful for her to keep in touch and visit him again, especially now when warmth and companionship might do her a lot of good. I highly recommend that she find out as much as she can about the culture (in general) so there would be little unpleansant and unexpected surprises.

Last and most importantly, if he starts talking about neediing money for this and that, drop him like a bad habit....
Erica

Postby Rooster on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:39 pm

With the western way of thinking, she is an adult. She should make her own decisions and living with the consequences of her decisions. What does she has to lose, she is not a virgin or a spring chicken?
Rooster

Postby Ian on Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Generally speaking Thai WOMEN are notorious social butterflies Erica.
Ian

Postby Juan on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 am

Hello K Franks,

I haven’t met in my life a naïve woman and as the females of the species have proved far more clever and astute than their male counterpart I don’t see any cause for concern.

As Rooster so charmingly said "What does she has to lose, she is not a virgin or a spring chicken"

Best luck for the lady.
Juan
Juan

Postby k franks on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:20 am

all her money and family
k franks

Next

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required