Living in an Isarn Village

RE: RE: Living in an Isarn Village

Postby Rooster on Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:22 am

kris. Foreigner can own condominium 100% without leasing agreement. Since condominium building is sitting on land, which is considered a community property and not owned by a single individual. You only owning a segment of the building. If you wishing to purchase something with land, you can also do it with catches. However, I would prefer that you used property lawyer or experienced realestate agent. I would recommend that you also use a lawyer in purchasing condo since you do not read or write Thai language, because there are involving contracts. If you are not going to be in Thailand more than twice yearly, you need to set up bank account to pay your utilities and condo's membership fees. I used TMB and do lot of eBanking. Are you still living in New York? I think New York has a TMB branch.
Rooster

Postby kris on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:16 pm

Thankyou Rooster an AD for your posts and I did in fact contact someone that can put me into contact with both a lawyer and a real estate broker to find out what my possibilities will be in regards to buying the condo.

I am still residing and employed in the same location but do as you stated travel there approximately 2-3 times yearly when my earned vacation hours allow. My interest for owning my own place of residence when visiting would stop the confrontations I have with the manager at the hotel I stay at when there. If you read what I wrote in my post under prostituition- legalize it- it may explain part of my reasoning. As apparently they do not want certain types frequenting their place of business as he so stated to me.

So thanks again for your posts as I hope this will assist me with my thoughts and ideas for my next visit.
kris

Postby colin howard on Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:13 am

hi juan , you sound just like the guy i met in gran canaria in 84 who worked for ciba geigy if you are its one hell of a coincidence , colin .
colin howard

Postby Juan on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:58 am

Hi Collin,

My surname it is not reverte. I used to live in Salford, just off the A580 near Pendleberry children hospital. I also have live at a Matt Busby children home for some time, also in Salford.

Apart from the cold and miserable weather, what a cracking place Manchester is! I have great memories. Just hope you are not a Man United supporter.

Best regards
Juan
Juan

Postby Rooster on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:03 am

Kris. Unlike Condo and townhouse in USA, condominium in Thailand is a good investment. You can expect price to rise in Phuket since Phuket is expected to cater to EU retirees in the future. Lot of EU investors are investing in realestates in the south and north. If I am a foreigner with lot of money to invest, condominiums would be on the list. My rich cousin-in-law sold their 10 years old Chao Phraya riverfront condominium for 3 times his investment a few years ago; they were only use the condo as rent property.
Rooster

Postby Rooster on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:09 am

Juan. If your blood type is O type, than you are indigenous people of Basque area or pure blood. The indigenous European tribes are those Black Irish and etc. The other A and B bloodlines are results of mutations and tran-migrations from other Indo-European races and areas.
Rooster

Postby SARDINES on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:40 pm

hi kris,

I think that the lawyer is a good idea but the real estate broker might be a waste of money on commissions.

Read over the contract very carefully and make sure what they are responsible for and what they will / will not cover if something breaks down. Once you've signed the contract and hand over the money, that's it. they won't even fix the plumbing if it isn't stated in the contact.

Another suggestion... you might want to send a couple of thai friends over to ask about the same room you are interested in and ask the price and terms to cross-check and make sure you are not being offered an inflated price. I have done this for friends a couple of times (thai and farangs).

rgds
sardines
SARDINES

Postby Juan on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:49 am

Hi Roaster, thanks for the information; you know quite a lot on the subject.

As far as I am concern all those blood types and racial characteristics apart from the obviously academic, have not importance whatsoever.

I am truly convinced there is not people better than other and that the place that we are born it is only circumstantial. I also believe in humankind brotherhood, and that the world should be look at and approach as one country one people.

National pride, is simple not for me. Just one world with people in it, and you and me and the rest of us we are just part of it. The rest, pinups!!

Best regards
Juan
Juan

Postby Rooster on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Juan. It is a nice utopic view of the world. But the history of world and people are contradictory to your or my utopic world. I can go hide in rural Esaan village or mountain village in the north, or coastal village in the south, but the world will not leave you or me alone. We are living in the world made of greed and suffering by those people who hungy for powers and more wealths. The European nations did not solve their social problems; they simply sent and sending their problems to their foreign colonies and global businesses. When you are ready to make commitment to your new life in rural Thai village, you should be ready to bring new innovation, new skill, new business, and working hard with diverse economies.
Rooster

Postby AD on Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:39 am

Rooster 29th.
You appear to be very proud that your "rich" cousin sold his condo at a large profit. Its was only last year that you posted somewhere that Farang should not be allowed to own land as he would only sell it for profit so that land would be too expensive for Thai's .
But its the same old story, RICH Thais, mainly with a Chinese family origin,control these things by manipulating the poorer Thais mainly of non-Chinese family origins. Solely for their own benefit.
Not many poor Thais own condo's, but there are thousands who own land , especially in Isaan.
In other words , the poor stay poor and the rich get richer, that is in Thailand of course.
AD

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required