Proof of income needed to marry?

Proof of income needed to marry?

Postby Ian on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:08 am

Can someone please clarify if you need a proof of income in order to marry in Bangkok in an Amphur Office?
Ian

RE: Proof of income needed to marry?

Postby colin howard on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:24 pm

hi ian , as far as i,m advised by my friends there is no need for proof of income if getting married in the amphur or anywhere else if it comes to that , the fun starts when you want to live here in thailand or take your new bride back home , just hope you make it cos with a will NOTHING is impossible , good luck , colin .
colin howard

RE: RE: Proof of income needed to marry?

Postby SARDINES on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:27 pm

hi Ian,

I concurr with Colin.

rgds / sardines
SARDINES

Postby Ian on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:16 am

Thanks for the advise Colin. I know i am letting myslef in for a lot of heartache but do you firmly beleive that as long as you keep pushing, in the end they can't stop husband and wife being together? Also, I currently have a loan but have about 3k in savings. Do they look at brits having borrowing as a bad thing?
Ian

Postby colin howard on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:55 am

hi ian , i really do sympathize with your problem , these days according to the british embassy in bkk to be young and without funds is regarded as a crime , one thing i would steer clear from is the agencys who promise to get your wife a UK visa , as i stated before many who have the same problems as yourself have 6 months in the UK , save every penny then have 6 months here , i know it works having seen it many times , i,m aware you have a mountain to climb and i truly wish you both all the luck in the world , regards , colin .
colin howard

Postby Robert on Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Ian

There are no Thai governmental income requirements to marry a Thai lady.
However as Colin said, your problems may begin if you intend to take her back to the UK.
In the US in order to sponsor a dependent your income must exceed 125% of the poverty level.
I would check the UK website.

http://www.vfs-uk-th.com/images/Settlement-Spouse.pdf

to determine what you need to bring her to the UK.
Good Luck..
Robert

Postby Juan on Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:46 pm

Hi Ian,

The arrangement suggested by Colin (6 months in 6 months out) it’s no so bad after all. If you look at it carefully it has some good points. One of then; it let you test out your relationship before more serious engagement. Not need to rush!

Best regards
Juan
Juan

Postby Ian on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:14 am

As I have a loan, would they need to see proof of how much the loan is or as i see on the embassy checklist...it is only a bank statement showing your income that they would need? All i want is for her to live here and all she wants to do is get a job in a supermarket or something and we can rent a place together. is that so hard to ask??
Ian

Postby Ian on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:42 am

Colin,

I have just looked on the UK embassy guidance notes for spuse visa. It states that you need proof of savings (Bank statements or pay slips). Do you think I could just provide them with 6 months of my savings account and not provide my current account showing my loan payment?
Ian

Postby colin howard on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:54 am

hi ian , i must confess i have not a clue what the UK embassy,s guidelines are at this moment in time , so you will have to get professional advice , i only know from the information i have gleaned from those who have failed in getting a UK visa for there thai wife that the pitfalls are many , i just hope along with others that you make it , but as juan so rightly puts it take your time in coming to any conclusions , good luck ,colin .
colin howard

Next

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required