getting married

getting married

Postby arie on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:31 pm

hello
i would like to know if a marriage give me the privilege to get thai citizenship ???
thanks
arie

getting married

Postby Leum Laaou on Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:27 am

Not unless you are wealthy and Chinese.
Leum Laaou

RE: getting married

Postby Hans Marheim on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi arie,

You can get whatever you want in Thailand …in your dreams.

Best regards, Hans
Hans Marheim

Postby Observer on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:57 pm

I am curious to know why you consider it a privilege?
Observer

Postby awatcher on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:30 am

Arie,
I dont feel you are serious but before you take action (picking up a thai girl), I can inform you,
Today getting thai nationality is like buffalo to
tusk into needle hole.
30 years' chinese residents with much money also are standby quo as Thailand seems unwanting chinese any more.
Such unwanting lists are very long today and virtually westerner, chinese,arab and aftricans are unwelcomed. even married a thai girl, they dont give resident visa for first 5 years.

Traditionally they welcome Japaneses and Koreans, who however, rarely apply to Thai nationalities. Their vacant quota are plenty but no one use it. Rather they take their Thai families to nationality of own home countries. Most of JK long residents get easily permanent resident status here just after 5 tax-paying years.
If you are one of them, you can get it easily.

One thing, marrying is more than getting easy visa or nationality. If children be born, it must be considered together from the start.
awatcher

RE: RE: getting married

Postby colin on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:03 pm

observer , yes not only you are curious but i should well imagine so is everyone else including myself.
colin

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required