Some comments from typical Thai lady.

RE: RE: Some comments from typical Thai lady.

Postby colin howard on Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:43 pm

hi Hans , a good post , in a way AD is right cos i too find it somewhat embarrassing at times with farang behavior towards thai women , of course what you write is quite correct too, in most cases farangs are regarded as a cash crop , there to be ripped off for two weeks then shipped off back to save more money for the process to repeat itself , what do find a bit bizarre is the way a farang is treated when he wants to live here , make a house , get married and maybe put the ladies children from a previous marriage to a thai through a good education ,and help the family in general, in many cases they are treated quite harshly by the immigration authority's or by the government who make the so called"rules" in my opinion , it would appear that a bit of paranoia is involved and they like rooster cannot tell the wheat from the chaff , but with a will and a bit of common sense{which is in short supply here} the lives of many thai ladies would improve tenfold , regards , colin .
colin howard

Postby Hans Marheim on Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:17 am

Hi Colin,

It starts to be a little bit boring to say this. Because I have repeated the same words for more than a year now: I agree with you Colin.

Best regards, Hans
Hans Marheim

Postby AD on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:15 am

Hans 13th ..........You totally disagree with AD. Well thats ok , your own feelings i guess. I visit Thailand regularly and will be there again in a couple of months, my feelings are the result of these visits. Do you go there often ?
AD

Postby colin howard on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:25 am

hi hans , i,m inclined to agree , this is old ground we seem to be going over again and again , everyones opinions differ somewhat don,t they and life would be dull indeed if we all thought the same , colin .
colin howard

Postby Hans Marheim on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:38 am

Hi AD,

Probably not as often as you, AD, there are other places in the world to see, you know. Besides I have stated several times before that I am in this forum to learn about Thailand and not to teach Thais or farangs living in LOS how to be or do.

I sometimes do disagree with you but for me that is not a problem at all. You have your opinions and I have mine. I fail to see why we should mean exactly the same about everything. I can tell you a secret AD: Sometimes I even agree 100% with Adam`s opinions.

This specific time is one of the rather few times I totally disagreed with you.

“Thai lady 10th ..............I am sincerely sorry, and feel ashamed at the behavior of some farang men i have seen in Thailand. Please believe me when i say that we are not all like them.”

AD; I can also feel disgusted when I see the behavior of some tourists in Thailand but I do not accept that farangs in general are blamed for the bad behavior of a few. Neither do I apologize for it. Thai authorities have constantly denied fair play for constructive farangs to settle in LOS just in order to import masses of white trash on 30-days tourist visas in order to milk them for money, so exactly what do you or ”Thai-lady” expect from farang party animals, AD? Usually they drink themselves senseless, Drunk, fat, frustrated, ugly, uneducated 20-65 YO Scandinavians, Aussies and Germans are screaming in the streets with a 20 YO Thai girl in each arm. Farangs speaking lousy English and those of them being most familiar with Thailand has even picked up some kind of gutter-pasa-thai instead of real pasa thai. What a shame! But why should you or I apologize for them?

I to go to Wenzhou , Xiamen and Dalian in China in April, and if I have the time I will visit Bangkok in order to straighten a few things out concerning my account in Tanakarn Khrung Theep (Bangkok Bank) .

Best regards,
Hans
Hans Marheim

Postby Rooster on Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:06 am

Well, guys. The truths are very hard to swallow. AD, you and others have not answer my questions on my definition of wife or wives. My question is religiously based. And you continued to nail me on this term "WIVES." This is what I meant by cultural nickpicking by foreigners. Oh, you should not have to apoligize for those bad mannered foreigners. There are not all farangs. So please do not feel racially obligated to apologize for them. These could be some various ethnic Cochins, Africans, Latins, Arabs, South Asians, or etc.. Some foreigners continued their bad habits when they visiting or staying in Thailand while some foreigners allowed themselves to do things that they could not possibly done in their own countries. So please do not get thin skin, my word "foreigner" meant to all none Tais or Thai citizens and not pale skin Caucasian extracted people. "Farang" is a Thai term for pale skin Caucasian extracted people. The word "Farang" does not meant "foreigner" as mistaked by many foreigners. An example, an African is not a farang. There is another mistaken notion that dark skin Thai girls are most likely to be prostitutes; any Thai girls with different skin tones could be prostitutes. As social fad of marrying farangs is in this day, urbanite girls are jumping on the bandwagon. Even those hi-so girls, who are marrying the local men, are fulfilling their farang fantasy with western style wedding ceremony.
Rooster

Postby np on Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Hi all, Once in a while I have been looking through this forum and many others just to few in touch with Thailand, having been away for nearly 20 years. I think the bottom line about marriage is "are you the best person possible for you partner?". To me, good marriage is about a true partnership, the kind of partnership that always concern for each other well being, not that 50/50 split of household budget or chores garbage. I have seen the same question over and over, "where can I find a suitable Thai woman, where can I find a good Thai girl to marry, and so on". I have not yet seen anybody ask for advice on how to be a GOOD HUSBAND. You all want a perfect wife, good looking, great sex, preferably no children involved, if she has family they should come over once a year, visit for an hour then leave, and many more requirements that I couldn't remember them all yet. All of these in exchange for the majority of you that are middle age, not tall and handsome, or a millionaire, am I correct? You know what, I am sorry to disappoint you all, but that's kind of Thai girl simply doesn't exist. The way I see it, and I stand to be corrected, there are the so called "good girls, the well educated type" the type that so dependent on their family that they don't know how to make decision on their own and wouldn't last 6 months if they have to live overseas and the bar girls. The point is whoever you choose to date make sure you have something in common not just the sex part, that's not going to last very long. I have to admit that it's hard to get a conversation going with girls at the department stores that in the bars but do try. Language is also a problem but if you truly try I think a result is worth it. And to the Thai Lady, what do you mean by "acting like uneducated people in my country?". Majority of corrupted people in and outside of Thailand are well educated. In that sense, being uneducated is quite a breath of fresh air. peace to all.

np
np

Postby Rooster on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:51 am

Hans. You are wrong about Thailand being the same or similar to Japan. If Siam and Thailand were are the similar or the same as Imperial Japan and Japan. Siam and Thailand would not be in the past and present positions economically, socially, nationally, politically, beside the political sovereignty. Majority of Thai citizens who are living in foreign countries are selected by foreign immigration laws. The real indigenous Thai people are mostly in foreign countries as contract laborers or those women who married foreigners. The vast majority of Thai citizens who immigrated to foreign countries are mostly non-indigenous urbanites with middle and upper economic classes. Another group is those educated and highly skilled Thai citizens who were financially supported and educated by Thai tax payers; these people refused to return to fulfill their obligations for Thai societies. They are mostly healthcare professional people. These were are resulted from selves-serving policies of urban elites and their allies who did not care about the rural and unclass masses. There are clear social, economic, and political divisions in Thailand that were are caused by various foreign pollutions. Today Japan represented their consistant and steadfast political, economic, and social policies throught out these past and present centuries that served and serving the interests of Japaneses and their nation. Compare the case of the Gripen jets, Japan would demand technology transfer and partially assemble the jets in Japan as they had done with jets brought from USA; this is one example that shown Japan to have better leaders who were are truely serving their Japaneses and their nation. Siam was the first nation in Asia to developed Airforce, but Thailand is now not leader in aviation in Asia because the leadership fell to have and to make the right visions at some points than and now.
Rooster

Postby Rooster on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:01 am

colins. You sounded like those illegal allies in USA who claimed to pay taxes while living and working illegally in USA. Illegal allies in USA or in Thailand do not pay taxes like citizens and legal resident allies do. USA and Thailand do not have 100% consumption tax based tax system. Oh, I am against tier pricing by private businesses too since they are simply ripping off tourists and visitors. It is being done in the USA to through the hidden taxes. You have mentioned that you finally have the house in your name, than you are taking a step toward paying the property tax in Thailand in your name. You will never fully paying the real taxes until you start to file yearly income tax return like other Thai citizens and other legal residents.
Rooster

Postby AD on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:12 pm

Rooster 18th .................Why should Colin have to file a Thai 'income tax' when he does not earn an income in Thailand?
AD

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required