Some comments from typical Thai lady.

RE: RE: Some comments from typical Thai lady.

Postby AD on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Rooster 18th..................When did Siam develop an airforce, if they were the first, why are they so behind now ?
AD

Postby COLIN HOWARD on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:21 am

rooster , why should i want to work here in thailand when the dice are loaded against me , and as far as the property is concerned i,m assured it is exempt from tax , and please do not poke your nose into my personnel life cos i truly resent it , colin .
COLIN HOWARD

Postby Aussie John on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:22 am

Hi AD
One word 'GRAFT'
Aussie John

Postby AD on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:08 pm

AJ .......yeh mate, i am not surprised.
AD

Postby AD on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Colin 19th ............But don't you realise, he is entitled to . After all you are only a foreigner,
AD

Postby charlie on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:04 pm

sorry bout that AD, it slipped my mind , you are dead right , as a second class citizen here in thailand , its roosters right to demean me in any way he see,s fit , charlie.
charlie

Postby Ian on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:22 pm

Rooster - I completely agree with you about Thailand and Japan not being similiar.
In fact, I'd say they are almost opposites :
in Japan, work is more important than family.
In Thailand, family is more important than work.
In Japan rules and regulations are everything.
In Thailand these count for almost nothing : corruption rules.
In Japan the honour system is SO strong, that even today politicians, bureaucrats, businessmen, etc., exposed as corrupt redeem their shame by comitting suicide, in Japan's traditional manner.
When was the FIRST TIME anyone ever heard of a Thai doing that ?
Ian

Postby Thai Lady on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:32 pm

But I think most countries in Asia, actually in the world, including Japan, Family is more important than work.

But the difference between Japanese and Thais, based on my opinion, is the attitude of work. Thai people are pretty lazy compare to people in our neighbour countries.

In the past, Thailand was plentiful in term of agriculture. We were not be colonized. Our country was so peaceful. (only the war with Burma but it was not a big war compare to other wars in the region.) So, our life was kind of comfortable. We didn't need to work very hard. We could survive by agriculture whereas our neighbour countries had to work very hard for survival.

The affect is Thais are easygoing, unhurried, kind of lazy... you see, why lottery is so popular here. Corruption is never died. They'd prefer to lie you or cheat on you for selling product once instead of planning long-term strategy for keeping customer sustification. Parents never feel guily to sell their daughter to be minor wife, be bar girl or be sold by rich guy. (how can people who earn money by easy way realize the value of the money. Money's come fast, money's gone fast too.)

There is not only Thailand where is a lot of poor people, but also many countries in the world. So, please don't say that poor Thais have no chance to work. It's up to them to choose which way to survive. I don't complian only Thais who choose easy way to make money e.g. a bar girl who work less harder and get higher paid compare to a salary woman. The problem is also from Thais law which is kind of support entertainment industry. Thus, there is no wonder why you see a lot of special massage place, including Entertainment place, in Thailand.

So, my conclusion is we need to improve our education. We must teach our new generation to "Think", not only "follow and copy". They have to plan for long-term, not think for only survival.

I wish my country will be developed as equal as Malaysia.. soon.. (since we were more advance than Malaysia 15 yrs ago. but now)

I wish my country will be not overtaken by Vietnam, Philippine along with Indonesia soon..
Thai Lady

Postby Rooster on Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:53 pm

AJ and AD. It was not a matter of corruption or any kind of grafts. It is about bad and poor leadership without future visions. The Thai army built the first Asian Thai airforce with imported bi-planes from France and England, but they never learned to engineer and build their own aircrafts. These would included all the military equipments, and foreign made helmets were are no exception. Later, the business oligarchy class took over the decision makings that removed the incentive of self innovations and inventions...yes, it is about graft.
Rooster

Postby Aussie John on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:37 am

Hi Rooster.
You just contradicted youself within the one post.
It has always been about corruption and corruption alone, as to actually inovate a product would mean investing in ones' own knowledge, not just copying what already exists, something the Thai do very well.
The elites do'nt have a need for intelligent Thai only subserviant ones.
The elite Thai alone have a strangle hold on what is bought and sold in the kingdom.
That foreign agents take advantage of the situation is the Thai elites making, as you well know they have made the laws to suit the very dubious nature of their business practices.
You well know that famous quote.
"To be rich is to be GLORIOUS" not matter the origin of the wealth.
At the end of the day Rooster is all about BIG FACE, 'square' or otherwise.
Chai Mai.?
Aussie John

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required