Medical care in Thailand

RE: RE: Medical care in Thailand

Postby harry on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:33 pm

So next time you go to Thailand for an holiday or medical care give the Thai people the respect they deserve. Because the nurses or the Hotel staff are mostly much under payed and their home situation is many times not so brilliant.
Deal with a genuine courtesy, politeness and respect, and not in the paternalistic and self-complacency attitude who is so familiar to many foreigners who visit Thailand.
Thai people deserve better.
harry

RE: Medical care in Thailand

Postby Hans Marheim on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Geraldine.

Yes. Wonderful! You can by everyting cheap including exelent healtcare. If you posess the hard cash.
What about healtcare for the ordynary thai?

Best regards, Hans
Hans Marheim

Postby Ann McGregor on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:01 pm

Harry - I'm sure that you mean well by what you have written ,are not tarring everyone with the same brush and are raising the profile of the Thai people - all very commendable. However before suggesting that I'm visiting on the 'cheap' you need to be aware that if I want to visit my brother, his wife and my 1year old niece then I need to have dialysis to keep me alive , I do not have the luxury of hosptial treatment being an option, while I am visiting Thailand. My brother has a business in Bangkok, contributes to the local economy and provides many local Thais with a job that is paid well by Thai standards.

I'm not sure what experience you have had of foreigners treating staff with indifference but not everyone is the same and I'm confident that if you asked the staff of Samitevej on my attitude, it would be a very postive one.

I hope that you are now assured that all foreigners are not bad.
Ann McGregor

Postby Ann McGregor on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:37 pm

Thanks Harry - will defiantely pay a visit. Kind regards.
Ann McGregor

RE: Dialysis Treatment in Hua Hin

Postby Rooster on Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:27 pm

There are two hospital versions in Thailand, private and public hospitals. Private Hospitals are fees for services hospitals and have much higher standards than public hospitals. Poor and low income Thais will use the socialized public hospitals, while the elites and high income foreigners will use the private hospitals. These are high quality public/teaching hospitals with well endowed finances from their wealthy patients.
Rooster

Postby Denis on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:03 pm

I'm sure Harry said what he meant. I have been in Thailand 3 times to visit my brother-in-law. He has lived and worked there 12 yrs. I like him in a lot of ways, but he is so disrespectful and mean towards the Thais. He and some of his English speaking friends act terrible towards them. I love to go there and learn about them and their country, but he embarrasses me too much. Some of his better mannered friends and I, have spoken to him about his actions, but I’m afraid he won’t listen. I would love to go to Thailand more often, but I don’t want to be around him that much. I could go on my own but that would mean a divorce. So I bite the bullet.
He usually takes off work while we are there; he uses some of that time for trips to Bumrungrad Hospital to get his checkups and any medical treatments. I have not seen a nicer, better run hospital anywhere.
It’s great that Ann and her brother are being such wonderful guest of Thailand. Hats off to them and others like them, maybe they can have a good influence on the Furangs that aren’t so respectful.
Denis

RE: Medical care in Thailand

Postby Denis on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:14 pm

I was wondering about after care. I am thinking about coming for a facelift. I think I will probably be in hospital 2-3 days. After I am thinking I would be in hotel nearby. How much per day would it cost for me to hire someone to stay with me and help with any after care I might need. I am guessing 2-3 more days. Anyone had any experience with anything like this. Thanks
Denis

Re: Medical care in Thailand

Postby chithanh119 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Thanks for your informative post!
chithanh119

Re: Medical care in Thailand

Postby Alien Asia on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:05 pm

In October, I had a deep cut on my right hand during my tour in a remote county, Kon Kaen Province.
I visited a public hospital and had medical treatment at its emergency department. Doctor is English speaking.
She was friendly and professional. A minor surgery was done with confidence. The public hospital charge me 200 Baht.
I later attend 7 days follow-up at a Village Clinic (public) at free of charge. Such Public Clinic is available in all villages to take care farmer and their family at free of charge. Hospital & medication are all free for resident. :cheers:
Alien Asia

Re: RE: Medical care in Thailand

Postby Martinus on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:32 am

Denis wrote:I was wondering about after care. I am thinking about coming for a facelift. I think I will probably be in hospital 2-3 days. After I am thinking I would be in hotel nearby. How much per day would it cost for me to hire someone to stay with me and help with any after care I might need. I am guessing 2-3 more days. Anyone had any experience with anything like this. Thanks

My best guess would be to ask the clinic or hospital that is doing your operation??
Martinus

Next

Return to Living in Thailand - adjusting + settling in