Buying property in Thailand

RE: RE: What Century are you in?

Postby Aussie Dave on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:55 pm

What are you trying to tell us Rooster?
Aussie Dave

Postby Rooster on Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:21 pm

Those people with visions and knowing how to follow the local laws are making good on their investments. We will see a nicer Phuket and other resort areas. On the negative side, the common Joe will not be able to visit these areas and or own any of these condos. I could not possibly buy into this condo. It is to ritzy for me. I am hoping that the developers and investors are willing to invest in the infrastructures also like water recycling plant and more clean energy sources.
Rooster

Postby Aussie Dave on Fri May 12, 2006 12:52 pm

ROOSTER 12th Apr,.........I am sure that i read somewhere that developers and politicions are taking over prime land in places like Puket and Phi Phi , that has been occupied by local people for many years but without the necessary documentation.
Do you know anything about this ?
Aussie Dave

Postby Rooster on Fri May 12, 2006 9:21 pm

I already refer in the tsunami section regarding to this question. Oh. Do you have 40 million baht? If you do, you can invest these money in Thailand. According to new law encouraged by Thaksin and TRT, you would entitle to own 1 qcre of land.
Rooster

Postby Rooster on Tue May 16, 2006 2:42 pm

REAL ESTATE / PRIME DOWNTOWN BANGKOK SITE

British embassy completes sale of nine-rai plot to Central

The British government yesterday completed the sale of part of its Bangkok embassy compound on Phloen Chit Road to the Central Group, the country's largest retail operator.
The price of the prized nine-rai plot to Central affiliate Tiang Chirathivat Real Estate Co was not disclosed but industry experts estimated it at three billion baht.
Central edged Land & Houses Plc, the country's largest residential developer, in the contest to acquire the site. The company wants to turn the plot into a shopping area, serviced apartments or a hotel and entertainment anchor to complement its nearby Central Chidlom store.
Intense competition in the retail business in Bangkok's central business district has driven Central to seek ways to build on its existing businesses, which are now constrained by limited space, according to industry analysts.
Central executives declined to comment on the deal, but the British Embassy said yesterday it was the largest-ever property sale by the Foreign Office. The historic residence, the embassy and the "green character" of the compound would be preserved, it said.
About 11 million (770 million baht) of the proceeds will fund redevelopment of the remainder of the compound, including new staff accommodation, recreational facilities, remodelling of the embassy offices and security work.
The embassy said that the 32.3-rai compound, purchased in 1922, was larger than needed. It said the land sold was the most polluted and noisiest part of the compound, next to the six-lane Phloen Chit Road and the BTS skytrain.
The War Memorial and statue of Queen Victoria would be moved to appropriate sites near the residence, officials said.
Rooster

LTD Comapany in Thailand

Postby patrick on Sat May 20, 2006 1:52 am

Hi to own a limited company in thailand do you need to be a certain age. For example in the UK you can be any age. The reason i am asking is I am 14 years old and want to own one to purchase a propert thanks
patrick

RE: LTD Comapany in Thailand

Postby Property owner on Tue May 30, 2006 8:04 pm

Haha, now foreigners are subject to stringent checks by the land office to curb them from buying land "legally" thru a holding company. Hooray, these farangs and rich asians would turn to the condominium market instead for fear of being caught by paying thais as nominees for the estate. There will be a drop in the landed market and surge in condo.
Property owner

RE: RE: Buying property in Thailand

Postby Ian Beale on Wed May 31, 2006 8:38 pm

Rooster - Cambodians, Vietnamese, and even Lao could say exactly the same as you are saying - but about Thais/ Siamese taking THEIR land !
Anyhow - is n't this rather old history ? Today we live in a globalised world.
Ian Beale

RE: RE: LTD Comapany in Thailand

Postby Ian on Wed May 31, 2006 8:56 pm

The condo market was already becoming a bubble - yet again - especially in Bangkok, before this latest crackdown.
The crackdown will mostly benefit Sino-Thai condo-developers, while paying lip-service to helping poor Thai's wanting to buy land.
Thailand will go through its' usual cycle of speculative boom, then bust - after which the Western/ Japanese tax-payer will be asked to fork out billlions to clean-up Thailand's mess (more money into the Thai elite). Leading to inevitable Western backlash against foreign aid, and ever-stronger anti-foreigner polices.
The smart way to avoid this would be to
let foreigners buy whatever they want - but tax them at a higher rate, and give Thais first buy-back rights. But too many in Thailand are too happy already reaping billions out of the current corrupt, inefficient system - then dressing it up in false nationalist rhetoric.
Ian

land sale

Postby c gray on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:13 pm

my thai wife has land she wants to sell but we are not sure how to go about it. its very good land and has power, water and drainage and is just off main road if anybody is interested get in contact
c gray

PreviousNext

Return to Buying property + home in Thailand : issues + guidelines