Taxis at airport

RE: RE: Taxis at airport

Postby Rooster on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:05 am

The parking garage is across from the international arrival area. There are bridges connecting the parking garage. Your friends can park at the garage and cross over to meet you outside the customs area. The garage and the streets are much less congestion than the old Don Muang airport. You can visit the AOT website for detail map. They can not wait for you on the streets. They should park on the 2rd or 3th level if possible since the international arrival area is on the 3rd level of the international terminal. Oh, they should park at the 2rd garage.
Rooster

Postby Don on Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:57 pm

I am going to BKK with my wife next month .The taxi service at the old airport was excellent via the motorway into the city.
To find the cab ranks now is it difficult to find your way to level 1?
Don

Postby Aussie Dave on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:25 pm

No Don, not at all, just ignore the "touts" and go straight down, cost around Bht 400 or thereabouts.
Aussie Dave

Postby Marx on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:24 pm

Soon I' ll know the new airport .
Thanx for your very usefull informations .
Marx

Postby Mike on Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:41 am

Why all this fuss about taxis? I have flown in and out of the new airport 5 times now and gone to pick up visitors just as many. After customs simply take the escalator or elevator up to the arrivals level, quiet and calm, walk out the doors, cross the street and get in a cab that just dropped someone off. I have never waited more than 15 seconds, literally.
All metered, no hassle. I live near Rama 8 Bridge so it's a further ride than most and with the 65 Baht for the highway it costs 285 baht plus a 15 Baht tip for a total of 300 Baht. Enjoy your cab ride!
Mike

Postby Rooster on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:32 am

WOW!!!! 285 Bahts, it is a lot of money!!??? Oh wait, what is 285 bahts per dollar or Euros???? It is the perception that killed the goose. Welcome to Thailand!! Where the a baht has the value of pennies and nickel.
Rooster

Postby Marcus on Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:54 am

300 baht to and from the airport is a very reasonable fare after the drivers got past the 1000 baht ripoff they first wanted.

Yes, best way TO Bangkok is grabbing a cab at the arrival section.

Biggest problem I find at the airport is when once the traveler gets inside or standing in the long lines for non-Thai travels and those with Thai passport usually has the checker looking into space w/o a person in line.

But, that's the Thai way! No?
Marcus

Postby Rooster on Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:06 pm

No, Marcus. If there are available windows, they will accept anyone whether they are Thais or foreigners. Immigration department usually have only two windows opening for Thai nationals and lot of windows opening for foreigners. There is only one window opening for local and foreign officials. Perhape, they did not have the multi-lingual officers working at the Thai windows the night that you arrived.
Rooster

Postby Rooster on Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:17 pm

Oh, Marcus. I still pay 500 baht for taxi service that only costed about 200 baht to my immediate destination. The usual price for this medium grade ride is usually 600 baht, but I usually barter the price down to 500 baht. What do I get for this 500 baht ride? Well, the driver will taking care of all my luggages and pushing the carts to his brand new private taxi with very cool a/c. He will take me to my favor fast food place before taking me to my destination and will pick-up my midnight snack and drink for me while I waiting in his taxi. I will ask him to call my destination and to notify people that I have arrived and will be there at certain time. If people do not need the VIP service, than they can push their carts to the lowest level and waiting for taxi on the queue. Oh, the taxi driver will also remove and help take my luggages up to the front door. After the long flight, I do very want to relax.
Rooster

Postby ant on Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:52 pm

300-350 tops is the price you should be paying for taxi from the aiprot and back!
ant

PreviousNext

Return to Thai airports, trains, buses, public transport