Muslim Prayer Room

RE: RE: Sorry ...

Postby davenanjing on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:12 am

Hi guys, but there always was a muslim prayer room in the old airport between terminal 1 and 2.

Didn't you notice it Steve?

I think the new airport should have other chapels and temples too though, just to show the muslims theirs' is not the only religion in the world, as they seem to think it should be. Personally also I think live and let live would be a good idea these days, but I understand that people get wound up by the never ending muslim victimhood.

Cheers from Dave in Jakarta, nearly time for me to be woken by the mad mullah at 0400.
davenanjing

Postby usajaarn on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:22 pm

Rooster, you are right of course. I was just trying to be magnanimous and politically correct. The problem is that the cat is already out of the bag, as it were. You can't now go and remove the muslim prayer room without a huge backlash. I suppose it bothers me that I would not be allowed to enter this room because I am not muslim. In my own country we also have such rooms at the airport and I am excluded from them. I have seen, through the open door, muslims in there taking a nap, in fact, and not praying at all. So they have a special treatment that we should all get. In my rather tongue in cheek allusion to the squeaky wheel, I don't really advocate creating a fuss to get one's way, not in the way we see with violent religious factions who preach hatred for others. That is not the way to accomplish anything.
usajaarn

RE: necessary or not

Postby Malay on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Dear G Grass.

I refer to your remarks on Oct 20. Perhaps I should enlighten you about Islam. Muslims are required by Islamic tenet to pray 5 times a day.

Praying is considered as the basic foundation of religion.

I assume that you are not a Muslim, hence the remarks. I have great respects for religions. And I appreciate if you also respect Muslim religious requirement.

I used to stay in the USA. Many of my American friends respect my religious obligation. That does not mean they believe in Islam. It just means that they accept different religions connect to God in many different ways.

As for prayer room for people of your religion to pray, perhaps you could bring the matter to authority.
Malay

Postby Malay on Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:47 pm

Dear Davenanjing.

Many thanks for telling Muslims that Islam is not only religion in this world.

Actually the vast majority of Muslims already know that. They are specifically reminded by the Kuran which says "....and do not insult the belief of other religions as much as you do not like Islam be insulted".

Some credit must therefore be given to Islam. Its performance over centuries are comparable to that of other religions.
Malay

Postby Glad to leave. on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:20 am

Maliwan, I see your point.
Yes, I had seen Muslim prayer room in the old Don Muang and Chieng Mai.
So many years I had not let that thing bothers me. I accept as it's been there for a long time now.
But the attacked on 9/11 chnage everything.
I don't understand why the Muslims got the privilege on the new airport. Or because the Muslims pay out from their own pocket to construct the prayer room ?
Glad to leave.

Postby Maliwan on Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:37 am

Glad...

I see your point also. Like many, I might have fooled myself to think that. I just wanted to see peace, so I try to look other way when it comes to things like a 'special treatment'. Having read the news about south Thailand today, the apology and such, I feel unsure... to what what extent these things will go. All other people must be a chopped liver?!!!

Of course, I live in New York and I don't forget ...
Thanks.
Maliwan

Postby davenanjing on Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:30 am

Malay, yawn, why should I respect your religion because you say you respect others' beleifs? How about this: "All religion is tosh". That is my sincerely held belief. Can you now respect that?
Cheers
davenanjing

Postby Rooster on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:10 am

I do not see why should there be "smoke room" or "pray room" for anyone. Yes, it is contradicting to have smoke room and wanting to prohibit/ban cigarettes too. People who come to the airport should not be smoking at all or bring in their lighters too. Every shops at the airport should sell nicotine gum, and every shop should sell or rent out 4x4x6 paper box for Muslims or anyone to use as pray box. It is an excuse for Muslims to utilize resources of other people. It is obvious that so called Muslims do not pray five times a day. Other religions do specify praying throught out the day also, but modern people do realize that their gods would not strike them down with lightening. I would settle for a pray room for rent at every airports if Muslims or any religious person could pray at their own privacy. But please do not ask me to pay for your own religious terrorism.
Rooster

Postby Rooster on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:23 am

No, unless you are planning to continue to pandering to the black cat. Why are you worring about backlash? Muslims already lashing out at everyone who do not subscribe to their kind of religious fanaticism. I would propose that AOT 1. removed the word "Muslim" from the pray room 2. anyone wished to enter these rooms for praying will have to pay maintenance fees 3. continued to keep these rooms opened to Muslims, but every Muslims will have to pay higher airport user taxes to operate and maintain these "muslim pray rooms." I am sure that these Islamists are using these pray rooms to do more than just praying to their allahs.
Rooster

Postby Hailer on Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:21 pm

It’s just one of the marketing strategies to attract more tourists and transit passenger especially from rich Muslim countries. Nothing else than that.
Hailer

PreviousNext

Return to Thai airports, trains, buses, public transport