How will you ever know?

RE: RE: How will you ever know?

Postby colin howard on Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:01 pm

hi olivier , please do not judge thai farang partnerships by your own groveling experiences, because a dog is born in a stable do,s not mean its a horse do,s it , life is what you make it pure and simple and if you are prepared to be walked on by your wife and her family that is your choice and yours alone , as for me if i,m picking up the bill its my way or the highway , and my wife is very well aware of it , colin .
colin howard

Postby colin howard on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 am

hi AD, what has always intrigued and amused me when talking to many farangs about thai farang marriages is that there are certain guidelines that MUST be strictly followed , in layman's language this means you have to be a cash cow for ALL her family , surrender your freedom , and allow yourself to be leeched on by any and all of your beloveds friends , then and only then can you be regarded as fully integrated into thai culture, many regard me as some sort of rebel against thai society, i regard myself as just a normal guy who do,s not want to finish up throwing myself out of a 6 story window in pattaya or bleating to all and sundry in bkk post forum how i,ve allowed myself to be stripped of finance and dignity which seems to be quite the norm these days , charlie .
colin howard

Postby AD on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:32 pm

huh! you should have married Erica , Colin .
"my way or the highway" indeed !
AD

Postby Ian on Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:40 pm

colin - you would have to admit that you are very lucky, and certainly very unusual - for not being threatened with a gun when your Isaarn family did not get all it wanted.
Ian

Postby colin howard on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:39 pm

hi ian , to be candid i was not aware my wifes family wanted anything at all , for sure they have never asked me for anything , when i met my wife we was away from the family home for 5 months in samui , maybe my wife informed them of my views on being leeched on by all and sundry , for sure she phoned them every week , another myth buster is farangs always say the wife always wants to be with the family , mine wanted to go back to samui after 3 weeks here in buriram , in my opinion i think my wife knows full well the lifestyle she leads today with me and the one she had before are light years apart and solely down to her husband not her family or friends , regards , colin .
colin howard

RE: How will you ever know?

Postby Thai Lady on Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:08 am

Time will prove themselve..

No matter where she is from (poor society or hi-so). There are both good and bad women in every classes of society. And don't think it's you luck to get the right woman. You need to make an effort to prove if she is worth enough to be the mother of your kids in the future or not. It takes time. Don't jump to get married.
Thai Lady

Re: How will you ever know?

Postby Martinus on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 pm

A relationship, in my mind, is never real. Looking down at the foodchain, it is just unnatural being the smartest of all animals and also being the dumbest to try to stay true to one animal of the opposite sex.
If you take care of your business just as you would do 'at home' than you would not have any doubts in you mind.
Never take a woman from such a different culture to a free western country where almost all males are junior to her husband..
Keep her here, hide her in the Issan and hope that friends and family of yourself stay away.
But (also) on a serious note.....would a good looking woman so much younger than you from your home-country be interested in you......whoehahahahaha.....
Come on manpeople WAKE UP
Martinus

Postby Dutchjohn on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:19 am

Hello everybody,
I'm planning to go to Thailand and marry a Thai woman which I met at a dating side. I did read he different story's, answers and advises. I am a lot wiser now. However, one thing I like to know; can one of you guys explaine to me what a prenuptial agreement is?
Thanks,
Dutchjohn.
Ps. Bless the Bangkok Post for this forum.
Dutchjohn

Postby expattaffy on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:06 pm

The safest way to do it is the way a friend of mine has done it. Despite what many write about not being able to own land in Thailand the advice so far is incorrect, farangs can own land. What you do is get your lady to buy the land and then go to a western solicitor and get her to give you a thirty year lease on the land, it is now yours for thirty years, and just think of it, how many of us farangs are going to live for another thirty years. Even if you do, under Thai law the owner of the land has got to give you another thirty extension on the lease. This renewal of the lease is not available if the owner of the land sells it in the meantime however. When you have you lease simply build your house and invite the unmarried lady in. If things dont work out simply kick out and get another, you are safe in your house. Just remember when you get a solicitor to draw up the lease just make sure it contains a clause that the sale of the house rests with the owner of the house, not with the land owner.
expattaffy

Postby spiritrace on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:06 am

We men and women never know for sure even after years of marriage. It is just a chance you have to take, some people do choose the right mate and are happy while others make the wrong choice... It's just a chance you take.

The gold diggers seem to end up unhappy and poor. So what comes around, goes around...
spiritrace

PreviousNext

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required