Shoul I send her money monthly?

Shoul I send her money monthly?

Postby Tom on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:56 am

I had known her for 4 months, got engaged while visiting for the first time for 2 weeks, yet, only 2 months later, felt the pressure to pay the 250 K BHT for the 1 rai village lot. She says she has 1 Million BHT in the bank, but, does not want to touch it (keeping it for her 2 kids future…?) Her Ex husband is quite a wealthy man who loves and supports only their 2 kids, ages 2 & 6, not her. We got legally married in June in her village, and are currently waiting for the U.S.Visa papers processing….
I have nothing to show for in my name, yet, she regularely asks me for financial help in some way or another, ie: supporting her, her parents, buy more related materials for “ our “ land….which I have concede to…but recently, she realizes that this trend is slowing down.
I just wonder: why does she really not want to touch her own money? Or, Is it customary for a mother to save this much and this early in the little boys lives, considering their dad’s love & wealth for them?
Tom

RE: Shoul I send her money monthly?

Postby colin howard on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:57 am

hi tom , for whats its worth its my opinion that you are being well and truly scammed , its the old thai give and take partnership , you give ,she takes , of course its your life to live how you please and i wish you the very best of luck for the future , regards , colin .
colin howard

Re: Shoul I send her money monthly?

Postby Martinus on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:23 pm

She is ///// to you already, by Thai law if here husband is rich/wealthy she gets 50% by divorce.....no exceptions
Martinus

Postby chignik reds on Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:32 pm

YOU ARE RECIEVING THE "my buffalo died and must buy a new one" WELL USED, AND WORN OUT, STORY.I HAVE LIVED HERE IN THAILAND 24 YEARS AND AM REALLY IMPRESSED AT THE NEW REASONS THE WOMEN CAN COME UP WITH TO ASK FOR MONEY. BE CAREFULL AND USE YOUR BRAIN AND NOT LUST TO MAKE DECISIONS AS THAI WOMEN CAN CHANGE FROM SWEET TO SOUR VERY QUICKLY...GOOD LUCK AND DONOT GIVE IN TO HER ALL THE TIME. RESIST SENDING HER MONEY AND SEE WHAT HER REACTIONS ARE..I BET SHE WILL DUMP YOU VERY FAST !!
chignik reds

Postby Martinus on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:39 am

chignik reds wrote:YOU ARE RECIEVING THE "my buffalo died and must buy a new one" WELL USED, AND WORN OUT, STORY.I HAVE LIVED HERE IN THAILAND 24 YEARS AND AM REALLY IMPRESSED AT THE NEW REASONS THE WOMEN CAN COME UP WITH TO ASK FOR MONEY. BE CAREFULL AND USE YOUR BRAIN AND NOT LUST TO MAKE DECISIONS AS THAI WOMEN CAN CHANGE FROM SWEET TO SOUR VERY QUICKLY...GOOD LUCK AND DONOT GIVE IN TO HER ALL THE TIME. RESIST SENDING HER MONEY AND SEE WHAT HER REACTIONS ARE..I BET SHE WILL DUMP YOU VERY FAST !!

You mean she doesn't have a buffalo?? and my father-in-law who is to old to work (but younger than me) is just lazy??
And she used the insurance money for something completely different?? There was no car accident?? The other guys phone-numbers in her mobile are not from work?? She wasn't sick when I wanted to come last March???How can she do that to me??? :cry: :cry: :cry: and she told me 'she leally roved me like hell.....'
Martinus

Postby ladybrown on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:49 am

chignik reds wrote:YOU ARE RECIEVING THE "my buffalo died and must buy a new one" WELL USED, AND WORN OUT, STORY.I HAVE LIVED HERE IN THAILAND 24 YEARS AND AM REALLY IMPRESSED AT THE NEW REASONS THE WOMEN CAN COME UP WITH TO ASK FOR MONEY. BE CAREFULL AND USE YOUR BRAIN AND NOT LUST TO MAKE DECISIONS AS THAI WOMEN CAN CHANGE FROM SWEET TO SOUR VERY QUICKLY...GOOD LUCK AND DONOT GIVE IN TO HER ALL THE TIME. RESIST SENDING HER MONEY AND SEE WHAT HER REACTIONS ARE..I BET SHE WILL DUMP YOU VERY FAST !!

what funny is that i always curious and want really to know who makes a well-known these words about 'buffalo' like,..sick buffalo, my buffalo die..er..what's so wrong with buffaloes? looking at their eyes they are sooo lovely and na song sarn na
ladybrown

Postby TaxMeIAmCanadian on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:43 pm

When you marry a Thai woman, you are not just marrying her, you are marrying the whole family. Supporting them is the custom here as there aren't any social assistance cheques coming from the government.

I was sitting in my lawyers office here in Bangkok and she told my wife and I that earlier that day, a British farang, had come to their office saying that his 'girlfriend' had just kicked him out. He'd been with her for 3 years and had bought a condo, townhouse, land and a truck. He had copies of all of the documents and everything was done at her lawyers, in Thai with no translation. Guess what, he lost everything.

I heard about a Thai woman, married to a British man, and living in Britain got off the phone after 6 years of marriage and started packing her suitcase. The husband asked 'What are you doing?' She replied that she had just got off the phone with her husband and that the last transfer of money had finished paying for the house in Thailand and that she was going to go back and live with her Thai husband in Thailand that the British guy had paid for.

Stories like this are endless. Do yourself a favour and read Thailand Fever, a book about Thai-Farang relationships. Then read Money Number One. You will save yourself a lot of grief and money.

You may have a good one, a wife that is, but the odds are against you.
TaxMeIAmCanadian

Postby icedmercury on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:20 am

Of course you should send money do you love her don’t mind what the others are telling you just because it went wrong for them. They were not able to control their wife’s , real men never have this problem at home or abroad. Have you put in all this love , time and commitment just to be put off by some strangers more fool you. How do you expect your girl to get you future life set up if you do not guide and support her
icedmercury

Postby mrnicey1966 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:35 pm

take it from one who knows and has learned the hard way , YOU are truly being scammed

this girl that you have only known a few months must be laughing her head off , you have already sent her 5 grand for an imaginary peice of land , dont worry mate you are not alone , there are hundreds of gullable \\\ ///// westerners who are taken for fools , has her father had the operation yet ? because she will need money to pay for it .

take it from me , dont ever get emotionally involved with a thai female , go on holiday to thailand and have many part-time girlfriends but dont get emotionally attached , otherwise you will get ripped off
mrnicey1966

Postby PuaSai on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Tom wrote:I had known her for 4 months, got engaged while visiting for the first time for 2 weeks, yet, only 2 months later, felt the pressure to pay the 250 K BHT for the 1 rai village lot. She says she has 1 Million BHT in the bank, but, does not want to touch it (keeping it for her 2 kids future…?) Her Ex husband is quite a wealthy man who loves and supports only their 2 kids, ages 2 & 6, not her. We got legally married in June in her village, and are currently waiting for the U.S.Visa papers processing….
I have nothing to show for in my name, yet, she regularely asks me for financial help in some way or another, ie: supporting her, her parents, buy more related materials for “ our “ land….which I have concede to…but recently, she realizes that this trend is slowing down.
I just wonder: why does she really not want to touch her own money? Or, Is it customary for a mother to save this much and this early in the little boys lives, considering their dad’s love & wealth for them?

You married her so, based on my belief, you have an obligation to support her. If you think she is doing things behind the scenes, hire an agency to check her out for you. It's easy to feel uneasy with all the negative comments you hear of things gone bad with others. My wife saves for us and includes me in her financial affairs. She doesn't ask for tons of money I don't have and I am always in touch with her. I do support my wife though because thats my obligation. Are you happy with your relationship overall? Don't let the head demons take over if you have no facts. That could sour the relationship and it would be somewhat easy to find out what is going on if you wanted to. I wish you luck Man.
PuaSai

Next

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required