Some comments from typical Thai lady.

RE: RE: Some comments from typical Thai lady.

Postby Rooster on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:17 pm

No, I did not contradict myself. You would understand my points if you understood the timeline in the history. 1. No graft was involved in the obsolute monarchy, old feudal system, god king or Buddhist king 2. New Age of Revolution by the military oligarchy and foreign educated elites, lack of future planning and visions, pseudo-democratic system and self-promoting interests 3. The Age of Business and Ruling Oligarchs, death of honor and codes, corruption and business interests, power centered in Bangkok including business and ruling elites, indigenous people became third class citizens. As for parallel history, Japan continued to have number one (god king) until WWII when Gen McArthur changed their ruling system; however, Japan already established their internal and infrastructure systems like education and economic systems. Their samurai and honor codes intacted with minimum foreign influences in their society and social development. Thailand went to the opposite direction, and business oligarchs seemed to corrupt and to influence any decision makings.
Rooster

Postby robin on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 pm

Rooster,
The below are three of your quotes, the first two from one post the last from your rebuttle.
Now maybe you can see why your posts tend to send a confusing message. When questioned about your atatements by AJ you changed the time line to fit your statement.

"It was not a matter of corruption or any kind of grafts...yes, it is about graft"
"No, I did not contradict myself,"
robin

Postby Robert on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Ian

After living and working in both Thailand and Japan I have found your comments spot on. Work is extremely important in Japan.
It is quite common to see the Japanese "salaryman" coming home very late at night after working long hours and than spending the rest of his evening in a local bar with many of his coworkers. Although I believe the Japanese male loves his family, his love does not have the same strength as the other Asian nations.
Robert

Postby awatcher on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:45 am

Ian and John,
Japanese, a tungus branch (pelagic tungus) has been sharing same faith with other tungus peoples (littoral tungus, continent tungus such as Han, Turk, Mongol, Juchen, josen, Koguri, Khitan who are all of present Han chinese, Korean, Manchurian, Taezoo, northern vietnamese and some mogoloid nesians).

The common faith is the Ancestor Warship. The symbolic heritage is the remain, Kobun (Tumuli). This tumuli is presently seen from Ireland, north seashore Russian Yonnes river, eastern siberia, Manchuria, Korean peninsular, eastern sea board of china and Kyoto of Japan, to somewhere of pacific ocean.

Kobun contains their ancestor remain, teachings and costume, so that need some guardian. This guardians is Jinsa or shrine.

From this ancestorworship culture they developed two important values, one is the filial piety, and another is the fidelity to the sovereign.

Japan belongs to the latter, the totalitarianism. Korea, Chinese, Vietnamese more value to the former, the individualism.
The two are somethat conflicting concept and from time to time collided one another since last two millenia.

Confusicanism or buddhism exists side by side but no big influence in the shamanic value, that is seeminly modernized into modern pragmatic culture.

The corporate culture of Japan has been nourished from the fidelity and sometime became a part of nationalistic military aggression as seen in ww II (invasion into Korea and Manchuria).
Few know Japan has been ruled in Junta for last 1000 years. The military power needed unconditional loyalty and the sovereign fidelity was the pivotal idealogy to achieve the goal.

However such extremism is now dying out with the old generation and Japan recover the ration. Such spiritual movement is well illustrated by Kawabata literature. Japan has evolutionized since WW II.
Today's 30, 40s generations shout out "Remove Japanese smell out of our products !". With Japanized thing, they realized no place to stand in this globalized era.
awatcher

Re: Some comments from typical Thai lady.

Postby Dark_knight on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Mahidol University should not steal software because it sends the wrong message to students about intellectual property rights. If you want to read the truth, visit http://www.muictruth.com , and decide for your self. The Business Software Alliance found Mahidol guilty, but they are not willing to change their behavior. Why?
Dark_knight

Postby alfrdmas on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:55 am

Certainly some farangs are not all that socially adjusted to Thailand, but I live in America with my Thai wife and son, and I can tell you that two Thai women we met here thought they could bring their snobbery and social posturing to my country. We were in the middle of a Thai market here in America and a Thai woman from Bangkok started to insult my wife by saying rude things about eating nam ya ba. Unfortunately for her I speak Thai well enough to understand what was being said, and I told her quite loudly in fact, that she was not to disrespect my wife ever. She and her husband were shocked, but we have freedom of speech here, and I am not about to play the social hierarchical games that this Thai woman, who thought we were of meager means, wanted to play. I also informed her that my wife being from Kolat was just as good as any person on the planet and encouraged her to read up on the Buddha because he certainly didn't want us to be mean to each other. She was very embarassed at her own behavior or having it pointed out to her bluntly. The vast majority of all people are usually decent; I deal directly with anyone who disrespects my wife including the woman who worked at immigration at the airport when we left. She was shocked that I wanted to see her supervisor for her rude treatment of my wife, who is a very kind person. So now that we all realize that we are going to occasionally see bad behavior wherever we are let's not generalize the behavior of the minority to the majority. Anyone who goes to Thailand just for the prostitution is a complete \\\ ///// as prostitution exists everywhere.
alfrdmas

Postby GORDON on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:43 pm

HI TO ALL THAI LADY,S. I AM A FARANG LIVING HERE WITH MY THAI WIFE AND FAMILY AND OCCASIONALY GO OUT FOR A NIGHT OUT WITH THE BOYS . I AND MY FRIENDS ENJOY LOOKING AT ALL THE BEAUTIFULL YOUNG LADIES BUT WE DO NOT CARE TO SEE GIRLS BEING MAULED BY STRANGERS OR TEMPORARY FRIENDS[SO CALLED BOYFRIENDS I.E. 1 MONTH]. THAT BEHAVIOUR IS NOT WHAT WE SEE AT HOME . IT IS DRUNKEN BEHAVIOUR OFTEN ENCOURAGED BY THE GIRLS SEEKING TIPS. SOMETIMES IT IS THE GIRLS WHO GRAB YOU UNWELCOMELY , BUT I APPRECIATE THAT ESPECIALY NOW THAT TIMES ARE HARDER THE GIRLS ARE MAKING [ OR TRYING TO ] A LIVING THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN TO SUPPORT A FAMILY AND OFTEN A CHILD OR 2 BY A THAI MAN WHO DUCKS HIS RESPONSABILITY AS MANY DO. I UNDERSTAND THE THAI WAY OF NOT SHOWING AFFECTION IN PUBLIC , AND I BELIEVE THAT IS CHANGING WITH THE YOUNGER GENERATION . I DO NOT FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE HOLDING MY WIFE,S HAND ANYWHERE EVEN BACK IN HER VILLAGE. THAILAND IS CHANGING , I AND MANY ORDINARY FARANGS AGREE WITH YOU THAT A HALFWAY MEASURE IS ALWAYS THE BEST. NO ONE WAY IS ALWAYS RIGHT , LIFE IS ABOUT MAKING COMPROMISES , SHARING VIEWS AND IDEAS . THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO BE HAPPY IN YOUR LIFE WHETHER IT BE A MARRIGE OF THE SAME CULTURE OR THE BLENDING OF 2 . IN A LOT OF WAYS A MARRIAGE BETWEEN 2 DIFFERENT CULTURES IS ENRICHING FOR BOTH PARTIES ENVOLVED. A LOT OF UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE IS REQUIRED . SOMETIMES IT IS HARD NOT TO ARGUE TOO STRONGLY ABOUT WHAT SEEM TO US FARANGS AS VERY SILLY SUPERSTITIONS , WE HAVE TO SOMETIMES STOP THINKING LIKE FARANGS AND SOME OF THE SMOKE CLEARS , ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE UNDERSTANDING THAT ALL PEOPLE WHETHER FROM DIFFERENT CULTURES OR NOT ARE JUST THAT - DIFFERENT , AND AS WE SAY IN THE WEST - MEN ARE FROM MARS / WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS . PLEASE TRY NOT TO JUDGE ALL FARANGS BY THE DRUNKEN TOURISTS , THEY FOR THE MOST PART ARE JUST BOYS LET LOOSE IN THE TOY SHOP. ------A SMALL POINT I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IN CLOSING IS THAT I THINK IT UNFAIR TO BLAME THE TOURISTS FOR THE SEX INDUSTRY APART FROM THE OBVIOUS AREAS WHERE IT IS EXPLOITED - BANGKOK/PATTAI/PHUKET TO NAME 3. I READ THAT 95% IS FOR HOME CONSUMPTION , ENCOURAGED BY THE SHY VICTORIAN CUSTOMS OF THAI COURTSHIP AND LACK OF SERIOUS SEX EDUCATION FOR YOUNG LADIES . PLEASE DON,T TAKE MY COMMENTS AS CRITISISIM OF THAILAND IT IS JUST MY VIEWS AFTER DISCUSSIONS WITH MY WIFE . WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS AND STILL LEARNING FROM EACH OTHER. A BLESSING TO YOU ALL WHO READ THIS - BE HAPPY . GORDON - Sorry to all this is is uppercase , at the time I posted I was new to posting. :cheers: :lol:
Last edited by GORDON on Fri May 22, 2009 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
GORDON

Postby Gonzo on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:39 pm

hi thai lady!!

i really understand your feelings about what youo talk about, i'm a farang living in thailand with my thai lady that i know since 15 years ago( and i'm 30 years old). I think with should star to separate about the therm "Farang" and start to think in persons...no matter where they come from. I also see in many places Foreigners having theses behaviors with thai girl normally much younger than them, and i feel so unconfortable and shy about my color of Skin in that moment. But i also know many thai men que may not do that in public, but have 3 or 4 diferents ladies...and lie to the 4 of them. So may be we have to be critic about the behavior of the persons...both Thai and Farang!!

best regards

Gonzo
Gonzo

Postby stilljustbrowsing on Sun May 24, 2009 2:35 am

Thai lady wrote:Just some comments from Thai lady side,
please be known that my comments are from only my experience.

Why do we look down Farang with dark woman? This is one of the most racist, elitist comments I have ever seen allowed to be posted here, and it has been here for how many YEARS?
- They don't have the minimum standard for their wife. ( I have no complain marrying with bar girl. What the reason do you choose her to be your wife? does she look hot? or what do you talk or discuss with each other after living together?) What right do you have to question other peoples activities?
- They express their love (or lust) improperly in the public for example Big Farang guy touched his dark hot Thai g/f in the BTS. Sounds like jealousy to me!
(in my humble opinion, some Farang guys may think Thailand is 'Land of Freedom' so you can do whatever you want.. even try something you've never dare to do it in your life before) You are not humble, you are both arrogant and ignorrant. (probably frustrated as well, ar you "satisfied" with your rant?)
We can't refuse that our country is well-known in term of entertainment place; bar, massage, woman, sex. In the same time, we still have our own culture, tradition and manner. So, before you do something so wild, pls stop to think for a while.. what if here is your country.

Looks like a quote from a more recent poster, recently stopped.
May I suggest that the entertainment refered to is considered by outsiders to represent your culture and methods of entertainment! :lol: :cheers: !
Perhaps we respect your culture so much! I mean, number 4 had something like 130 wives and 87 children, or have I missed something?
stilljustbrowsing

Re: RE: Some comments from typical Thai lady.

Postby somchaiq on Mon May 25, 2009 8:51 pm

kevin wrote:wow!!!
a thai lady who speaks the truth about the farangs who go there just for the sex and treat the girls as a play thing ..
thailand is one of the best countries I have been to. I am not talking about pattaya but the real Thailand, what a wonderful country
kevin

I agree with Kevin.

Beautiful Prostitutes are not the Thailand I love. There is much more.

Somchai (German, 19 Years Thailand)
somchaiq

Previous

Return to Getting married and divorced in Thailand - what's required