New York University Tisch Asia School of the Arts, Singapore to launch four Professional Certificate Programs.
Tisch School of the Arts at New York University was founded in 1965 in the USA and has since become one of the leading centres of academic and professional training in the United States. Graduates of Tisch School of the Arts have gone on to establish and sustain successful international careers as creators, performers, cultural innovators, writers, singers, filmmakers and artists, earning Academy Awards, Tony Awards, and Pulitzer Prizes.
At the invitation of the Singapore government, New York University Tisch School of the Arts Asia was opened in 2007. Three-time Academy Award winning filmmaker Oliver Stone is the artistic director of NYU Tisch Asia. Oliver Stone has won Oscars for directing Born on the Fourth of July and Platoon and for writing Midnight Express. He has also received three Golden Globes for directing Platoon, Born of the Fourth of July and JFK.
Every faculty member is meticulously selected to teach at Tisch School of the Arts Asia based on their strong ties to the industry. Students from 25 countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Turkey, Uganda, the West Indies, and the United States, now study at the NYU Tisch Asia campus.
NYU Tisch Asia has now launched 4 Professional Certificate Programs in the areas of Filmmaking, Screenwriting, Acting and Musical Theatre. These intense 12-week programs provide an artistic and intellectual foundation and intensive training to aspiring actors, filmmakers and screenwriters. Each of the programs costs SGD14,000 (additional SGD2,000 for filmmaking laboratory fees). The first intake started on 26 September 2011. The next intake will be February 2012. The deadline to apply is early December 2011.
On successful completion, candidates will earn a Professional Certificate from New York University Tisch School of the Arts Asia. Students with little or no experience are welcome to apply. In addition, a degree is not required to apply for the programs.
Unique nature of programs
- The faculty teaching the Professional Certificate Programs will be the same as teaching the academic programs
- Students undertaking the Professional Certificate Programs in Filmmaking get to produce their own short film. In addition, they are taught strategies to submit to various film festivals. NYU Tisch, by far, has the most entries to international film festivals among film schools
- Students undertaking the Professional Certificate Program in acting can join a casting database
- Professional Certificate Program students get to be involved with various activities of current students
- Professional Certificate Program students get to network with students from 25 countries around the world.
Admission requirements for international applicants:
- Candidates must be above 18 years old (Applicants around the age of 16 & 17 may apply, with consent from both parents and Tisch Asia faculty)
- A minimum IELTS score of 5.5 (or equivalent) is recommended
- Résumé (to include any experience in acting, filmmaking or screenwriting)
- Tisch Asia will assist application for a student pass
- Tisch Asia will assist in recommending appropriate accommodation
Testimonial from Thai student at NYU Tisch Asia, Nattaporn Kaljarvek Tong
I chose New York University Tisch Asia because it is one of the best film schools in the world. With Tisch Asia I could collaborate with students from all over the world and discover international perspectives. One great memory I have was when I helped produce a film for a Korean film director. My advice for budding artists out there is that if you love everything about filmmaking, Tisch Asia is the place to be.
For further information, please contact NYU Tisch Asia office at +65 6500 1733 or +65 6500 1700, or email email@example.com or visit the NYU Tisch Asia website http://cce.tischasia.nyu.edu.sg/contact
Latest stories in this category:
- Jurin wants school closure policy review
- Phongthep says Thai-Filipino exchange teacher deal sealed
- OTEPC grants power to revoke test results
- International education 2013
- Panel sets terms for tablet auction
- Administrators seek pay pledge
- The smell of fear is real and it's contagious, study claims
- International education 2012