Camp blaze death toll rises to 62

A total of 62 refugees were confirmed dead in a fire at a camp in Khun Yuam district of Mae Hong Son province on Friday, reports said.

  • Published: 23/03/2013 at 11:20 AM
  • Newspaper section: breakingnews

It was reported yesterday that 30 refugees were killed when the fire broke out at the Mae Surin refugee camp about 6pm.

Mae Hong Son governor Narumon Palawat said on Saturday morning that officials providing assistance for the refugees there reported that 62 bodies had been found.

They were searching the burned camp’s area as more victims are expected, she added.

About the author

columnist
Writer: Online Reporters
Position: Online Reporters

Latest stories in this category