WELLINGTON - A botulism scare that sparked global recalls of Fonterra milk products was a false alarm and there was never any danger to consumers, New Zealand officials said on Wednesday after new tests.
Customers visit a Fonterra stall during a Baby Fair in Hong Kong, on August 5, 2013. A botulism scare that sparked global recalls of Fonterra milk products was a false alarm and there was never any danger to the public, New Zealand officials announced on Wednesday.
The crisis led to infant formula being taken off shelves from China to Saudi Arabia earlier this month and damaged New Zealand's "clean, green" reputation in key Asian markets.
Keep up-to-date with the latest on coup d'etat with Bangkok Post SMS News. Call *451391000 to subscribe – 39 baht/month (7 days free, available in Thailand only) Bangkok Post SMS News: Deliver only trustworthy news on SMS
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.