PHAYAO: Experts are testing for air and water pollution in Phayaois Ban Nam Waen where villagers have fallen sick after an agricultural chemical storehouse exploded.
Chiang Kham hospital carried out health checks on up to 65 residents after locals started vomiting as a result of breathing strong, unpleasant fumes from the burned-out storehouse, deputy Phayao governor Nimit Wanchaithanawong said yesterday.
He said officials have asked the hospital to help people who “need both physical and mental treatment” following a meeting on ways to tackle the health and environmental impact of the explosion.
Keep up-to-date with the latest on coup d'etat with Bangkok Post SMS News. Call *451391000 to subscribe – 39 baht/month (7 days free, available in Thailand only) Bangkok Post SMS News: Deliver only trustworthy news on SMS
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.