The Taliban said Tuesday a group of overseas captives had been moved to a "safe area" following the largest abduction of foreigners in six years, highlighting Afghanistan's insecurity as NATO troops prepare to leave.
An Afghan soldier walks along a road in the mountains of Logar province south of Kabul on October 2, 2012. A group of foreigners abducted by Taliban insurgents in eastern Afghanistan are well and have been moved to a "safe area" inside the country, a spokesman for the militants said Tuesday.
Afghan security forces were hunting for the group of eight Turks, a Russian, a Kyrgyz man and an Afghan, all seized after their helicopter made a forced landing on Sunday in a rugged district part-controlled by the insurgents.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.