Police on Wednesday arrested the head of a school in eastern India where 23 children died after eating a free meal laced with a lethal pesticide, an officer said.
Indian children and activists shout anti-government slogans during a rally in New Delhi, on July 20, 2013. The rally was called following the death of 23 children in Bihar state after they ate poisoned school meals. Indian police have arrested the head of a school in eastern India where 23 students died after eating food tainted with pesticide, an officer told AFP.
The children, aged four to 12, fell ill within minutes of eating the lunch of lentils, potatoes and rice cooked at their primary school in a poverty-stricken village in Bihar state on July 16.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.