N. Korea reopens military hotline to South | Bangkok Post: news

News > Asia

N. Korea reopens military hotline to South

- +

North Korea on Friday reconnected a military hotline to the South that was cut earlier this year at the height of cross-border tensions, Seoul's government said. 

A North Korean soldier is seen at the truce village of Panmunjom, in the demilitarised zone, on April 23, 2013. North Korea has reconnected a military hotline to the South that was cut earlier this year at the height of cross-border tensions, Seoul's government said.

The line -- one of the two remaining inter-Korea military hotlines -- was disabled in late March weeks after the North's third nuclear test and the following month a joint industrial zone was shut down.

This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.

0 people commented about the above

Readers are urged not to submit comments that may cause legal dispute including slanderous, vulgar or violent language, incorrectly spelt names, discuss moderation action, quotes with no source or anything deemed critical of the monarchy. More information in our terms of use.

Please use our forum for more candid, lengthy, conversational and open discussion between one another.

  • Latest
  • Oldest
  • Most replied to
  • Most liked
  • Most disliked

    Click here to view more comments