Two Canadian sisters found dead in their hotel room on the popular Thai resort island of Phi Phi may have been the victims of "serious food poisoning", police said on Sunday.
The bodies of Audrey and Noemi Belanger, aged 20 and 26, were found on Friday by staff of Palm Residence Hotel on Ao Nang in Muang district. Early indications were that they suffered an extreme toxic reaction, news agencies reported.
"Forensic officials found vomit in the room, blood on their lips and gums and their fingernails and toenails were blue," Pol Lt Col Rat Somboon of Krabi Provincial Police said, adding there were "signs of serious food poisoning".
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.