MEKONG RIVER KILLINGS
Chinese authorities reaffirmed that suspected drug kingpin Naw Kham has admitted to being behind the murder of 13 Chinese crew members on two cargo vessels on Oct 5 last year, national police chief Priewpan Damapong said yesterday.
Liu Yuejin, director of the Narcotics Control Bureau of the Chinese Ministry of Public Security, handed in person a copy of the 400-page investigation file on the killings on the Mekong River last year to Pol Gen Priewpan during a visit to Bangkok yesterday.
Mr Liu said Naw Kham had told Chinese authorities that he had ordered one of his aides to carry out the attack on the Chinese boats, said Pol Gen Priewpan after meeting with Mr Liu yesterday.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.