PHUKET: The family of a Frenchman severely injured in the Tiger Discotheque fire on Friday have described their terrifying four-hour search for him following the blaze.
Flames engulf the Tiger Discotheque early Friday morning. The blaze is believed to have been caused by a lightning strike during a heavy rainstorm. AP
Benjamin Tallanotte, 30, is currently in intensive care in Bangkok Hospital Phuket after suffering severe burns to around 40% of his body. He was to be flown to an international hospital in Bangkok for treatment by burn specialists.
Four people died in the fire that broke out around 3.30am on Friday at the popular nightspot on Bangla Road in Patong, while Benjamin and 10 others were injured.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.