At least 34 companies, mostly from China, are in the running to design and construct projects in the government's 350-billion baht flood prevention scheme, deputy Transport Minister Chadchart Sittiphan, said yesterday.
The companies, which have met initial requirements under the terms of reference (ToR), need to draft plans within a 60-day period after the government announces those who have qualified next Monday, said Mr Chadchat, who is also vice-chairman of the selection panel. Other firms, which have failed to meet the ToR, can appeal the committee's decision and prove their capabilities by the end of this week.
There were more than 300 firms, Thai and foreign, interested in devising a flood-prevention scheme.The ambitious project aims at finding a long-term flood prevention and national water management solution after many commercial and residential areas were ravaged in last year's floods.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.