Pathumwan district officials sealed off public access to the American University Association (AUA) Language Centre building after a fire at the site on Wednesday.
Chongkolrak Ingturak, director of the district office, said no one would be allowed access to the building on Ratchadamri Road except officials authorised to investigate the fire and whether the site was safe.
If the building's total area is less than one rai it will be declared a "hazardous area" where the public is urged to be cautious even when passing by. If it is more than one rai, it will be declared as a fire area, with the public including AUA employees banned from the area for 45 days. No construction will be permitted during that period.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.