Test shows loose screw caused blast | Bangkok Post: news

News >

Test shows loose screw caused blast

- +

Tests carried out on an Apple iPhone 5 after its owner complained that it exploded while he was using it have shown the phone blew up after a screw slipped into its battery tray and caused a short circuit. 

National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) secretary-general Thakorn Tantasit announced the test results yesterday.

He said the iPhone's importer insisted the screw was not an original component packed with the device.

This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.

3 people commented about the above

Readers are urged not to submit comments that may cause legal dispute including slanderous, vulgar or violent language, incorrectly spelt names, discuss moderation action, quotes with no source or anything deemed critical of the monarchy. More information in our terms of use.

Please use our forum for more candid, lengthy, conversational and open discussion between one another.

  • Latest
  • Oldest
  • Most replied to
  • Most liked
  • Most disliked

    Click here to view more comments