The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) on Thursday said it was surprised at the Metropolitan Police Bureau's revelation that it was seeking six additional people believed to have been involved in the CentralWorld arson case.
Deputy chief Pol Lt Col Wannapong Kocharak said the DSI had not been informed by the MPB that it was preparing to seek arrest warrants for the six. The DSI did not have any information about them, he added.
On Wednesday, the MPB produced pictures of the six, along with two others for whom the Criminal Court had already issued arrest warrants in August 2010, three months after the end of the rally.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.