A student passed out after taking a painkiller and cola cocktail at a school in Samut Prakan province, after he was told that combining the two creates a similar effect to taking drugs.
The boy’s mother contacted Samut Prakan Police station on Monday afternoon to report that her son, a Matthayom 2 student in Muang district, had been found unconscious on Saturday afternoon. She took him to the hospital and doctors diagnosed him as having overdosed on painkillers.
She questioned her son on what had happened. He eventually revealed that he took the painkiller, Tramadol, along with a cola soft drink which is popular among his friends at school, according to a report in Thai Post newspaper.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.