PATTAYA : Police are looking for a woman and two men who allegedly robbed two Indian tourists before abandoning them separately.
Karthikeyan Krishnan, 36, turned up at Muang Pattaya police on Monday with cuts and bruises, asking police to locate his friend, Khader Basha, 40.
According to Mr Krishnan, he and his friend were walking on the beach when approached by a Thai woman who offered to have sex with them in exchange for money.
After agreeing on the price, the woman led them to a parked car and told them to get in and wait while she called a friend. The only information Mr Krishnan could remember about the car was that it was black.
While they were inside the vehicle, two Thai men got in and ordered them to hand over their cash and valuables. Mr Krishnan said the man pressed a sharp object against his side.
The tourists handed over US$1,000 cash (over 31,000 baht), a Samsung mobile phone, two credit cards and passports to the suspects.
Police said they will review footage from surveillance cameras in the area to collect more evidence.
Latest stories in this category:
- Prayuth again calls for peace talks
- PT and Dems shun byelections
- Trade boost expected from 4th Thai-Lao bridge
- Govt to compensate protest victims
- Lawyers ask court to end protests, dissolve Democrat Party
- Ambassador: US backs peace talks
- Yingluck cancels three overseas trips
- BMA appointments ruled 'unfair'