The Meteorological Department on Saturday issued a severe weather warning for people in 16 provinces in the South.
The department warned that people living near hillsides and waterways in Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Ranong, Phang Nga, Krabi, Trang, Phuket, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Satun should brace for heavy rain, possible flash flooding, forest runoff and landslides from Saturday to Wednesday.
There will also be strong wind-generated waves in the upper part of the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea. All shipping should proceed with caution and small boats should remain ashore during this period, it said.
Latest stories in this category:
- Messages from Suthep, Prayuth
- Travellers told to leave early for airport
- More skeletons found on Chumphon beach
- Protesters keep careful eye on security
- Diplomats cautious on govt invitation
- All roads lead to Govt House, Democrats resign en masse
- Yingluck proposes public referendum
- Chinese woman in B7.2m ya ice bust