Natural Resources and Environment Minister Vichet Kasemthongsri has earmarked almost 910 million baht to improve natural resources and environmental management in Ratchaburi, Prachin Buri and Pathum Thani provinces.
The provinces will become models for environmental protection efforts, Mr Vichet told about 100 senior environmental officials during a meeting to explain his policy over the weekend.
The minister said he had selected the provinces to showcase his environmental management policies.
Ratchaburi will be a model for forest and water resources management, Prachin Buri will showcase industrial pollution management and Pathum Thani will be a model for urban environmental problems resolution, he said.
A total of 46 projects, worth 909.6 million baht, will be implemented.
The major projects include a water diversion project in Pha Chi River in Ratchaburi, as well as maintenance of reservoirs, sluice gates, water pipelines, groundwater wells and a 13,000-rai forest plantation also in Ratchaburi province.
Ratchaburi is a political stronghold of Mr Vichet, who is a former MP for the province.
Latest stories in this category:
- Public buses, vans to have GPS
- Travellers urged to leave early
- Democrat MPs resign en masse
- All roads lead to Govt House, Democrats resign en masse
- Premier seeks bill's return from King
- PM pitches referendum on Suthep's demands
- Parliament 'will still function'
- PM seeks return of Senate bill from King