A total of 76 people were confirmed dead as a result of the floods that have hit 47 provinces since Sept 17, Chatchai Promlert, director general of the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department, said on Tuesday.
More than 3.7 million people in 18,642 towns and villages in 360 districts were affected by the floods, he said.
The floodwater had receded in 26 provinces, Mr Chatchai said.
As of Tuesday, flooding continues in 21 provinces, including Chacheongsao and Prachinburi where the situation is critical, he added.
The department on Saturday, Oct 19, reported the death toll at 73.
Latest stories in this category:
- Messages from Suthep, Prayuth
- Travellers told to leave early for airport
- More skeletons found on Chumphon beach
- Protesters keep careful eye on security
- Diplomats cautious on govt invitation
- All roads lead to Govt House, Democrats resign en masse
- Yingluck proposes public referendum
- Chinese woman in B7.2m ya ice bust