A total of 80 people have been confirmed dead as a result of floods in 47 provinces since Sept 17, Chatchai Promlert, director general of the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department, said on Friday.
More than four million people in 19,234 towns and 360 districts have been affected by the floods, he said, although floodwaters have receded in 28 provinces.
As of Friday, flooding continues in 19 provinces, affecting 561,744 people in 71 districts, including those in Chachoengsao and Prachin Buri where the situation is critical, he added.
The department on Tuesday, Oct 22, reported the death toll at 76.
Latest stories in this category:
- Police to act quicker on children
- Chaowarin gets jail for talisman fraud
- Man, 22, nabbed in student rape case
- Crackdown on guns nets 148 firearms
- Prayuth warns of civil war if conflict persists
- Government firm on Feb 2 poll date
- THAI president Sorajak resigns
- Groups urge navy to drop defamation suit