A fire broke out on the ninth floor of Chalerm Prakiart Building of the Police General Hospital in downtown Bangkok on Monday morning, reports said.
The reports said the fire started about 5.45am in the hospital building on Rama I Road in Bangkok's Pathumwan district. Smoke could been seen from a long distance away.
Patients were evacuated from the building. There were no reports of injuries.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control.
The reports said Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew, the national police chief, inspected the scene, which is adjacent to police headquarters, and was informed that the fire sprinkler system in the building did not work.
The Police General Hospital has since resumed normal operations.
Photos by @fm91trafficpro, Police TV and Kosol Nakachol
Latest stories in this category:
- Update: Charges shock Phuket journos
- Protestors: Dems must reject election
- No 'whistle-stop' for Yingluck at Surin
- Protest leaders seek international support
- Two police injured in Narathiwat blast
- Alcohol sales filmed at LPG outlets
- Confessed child rapist-killer 'worry-free' in prison
- Young offenders opt for ankle bracelets