An oil palm grower was shot dead at his farm in Pattani's Panare district on Wednesday morning, police said.
Pol Lt Col Somparn Chanpinjai, an investigating officer at Panare police station, said he received a report of the shooting at 9.35am. The farmer was identified as Kaewkul Nillee, 59.
Kaewkul was shot by an unidentified gunman on motorcycle while he was taking a rest from work this morning. The gunman fled after the shooting
A bystander, Nit Wanghongklang, was also injured in the crossfire. She was rushed to Panare Hospital.
Police were investigating.
Latest stories in this category:
- Public buses, vans to have GPS
- Travellers urged to leave early
- Democrat MPs resign en masse
- All roads lead to Govt House, Democrats resign en masse
- Premier seeks bill's return from King
- PM pitches referendum on Suthep's demands
- Parliament 'will still function'
- PM seeks return of Senate bill from King