Passanoch Hautavanija, an assistant of Democrat MP and former finance minister Korn Chatikavanich, was hit and injured at a noodle shop in Silom area early Saturday morning.
Photo from Noch Hautavanija Facebook page
Mr Passanoch wrote on his Facebook “Noch Hautavanija” page that the incident occurred around 3am, after he returned from joining the anti-amnesty bill rally at Samsen Railway station.
Mr Passanoch said he was having a noodle at the shop near Robinson on Silom road when he was hit three times by a man, twice at his right eyes and one at the back of his head.
Bystanders tried to help arrest the attacker, but he managed to flee in a Toyota sedan, he added.
“I am now at Chulalongkorn Hospital and my condition is okay. I have only minor injury. I will continue to fight against the blanket amnesty bill.
“See you tomorrow at Samsen train station,” he wrote.
Latest stories in this category:
- Government advised, use martial law
- Yingluck says reform later, as Dems boycott election
- Abhisit: Democrats to boycott polls
- Suthep fills his kitty with cash along rally route
- Asst village chief slain in Pattani
- NHRC concerned on Sunday rallies
- PDRC expects 3 million people Sunday
- Capo urges protesters to vote