CHIANG MAI : Four teenagers aged between 17 and 19 have been arrested for robbing a 7-Eleven store.
The four unnamed suspects were presented to reporters at a police press conference in Chiang Mai on Friday.
Pol Maj Gen Pacha Ratanaphan, deputy chief of Provincial Police Region 5, said the four suspects robbed a 7-Eleven branch at The Residence Hotel on Liap Khlong Chonprathan Road in Muang district and later attempted to rob another in Ban Khong Khao in Hang Dong district.
They were being detained in tambon Mae Hia in Muang district.
The suspects allegedly told police they had been drinking and had no money to buy more alcohol so decided to rob the stores.
The four made off with about 4,000 baht and three bottles of liquor in the Residence Hotel robbery, Pol Maj Gen Pacha said.
However, they got nothing in the second robbery attempt because shop staff spotted them approaching and locked the shop door, he said.
Latest stories in this category:
- Government advised, use martial law
- Yingluck says reform later, as Dems boycott election
- Abhisit: Democrats to boycott polls
- Suthep fills his kitty with cash along rally route
- Asst village chief slain in Pattani
- NHRC concerned on Sunday rallies
- PDRC expects 3 million people Sunday
- Capo urges protesters to vote