Family turns off respirator after girl's heart stops | Bangkok Post: news

News >

Child victim of ATM electrocution dies

- +

Relatives and doctors agreed on Friday morning to turn off the respirator keeping alive a comatose two-year-old girl who was electrocuted by a bank ATM in Trang province on Aug 7. 

The girl, Parichat Noopinit, had been in a coma at Trang Hospital since being electrocuted when she touched a Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) ATM at an Esso petrol station on Trang-Palian Road in Yan Ta Khao district.

The decision to turn off the respirator was reached after her heart stopped beating.

This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.

3 people commented about the above

Readers are urged not to submit comments that may cause legal dispute including slanderous, vulgar or violent language, incorrectly spelt names, discuss moderation action, quotes with no source or anything deemed critical of the monarchy. More information in our terms of use.

Please use our forum for more candid, lengthy, conversational and open discussion between one another.

  • Latest
  • Oldest
  • Most replied to
  • Most liked
  • Most disliked

    Click here to view more comments