The next anti-government rally will be called off if the number of people it draws is likely to be fewer than the target of one million, Pitak Siam Group leader Boonlert Kaewprasit said on Sunday.
Gen Boonlert had earlier planned to hold another rally late this month, aiming to attract up to one million protesters to oust the government he says is "plagued with corruption". The first rally on Oct 28 drew about 20,000 participants.
Before the rally is held, he said, the number of people taking part will be closely watched. If it was likely to be fewer than the target of one million, the rally would be called off.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.