Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has appeal to the public to stay away from Saturday's scheduled rally by the opposition Pitak Siam group, saying he was concerned "ill-intentioned people" may try to exploit the event to incite violence.
Mr Chalerm said Wednesday that security officers were worried that a "third hand" would interfere and cause problems during the planned overnight mass rally at the Royal Plaza. He made similar claims last week, saying that the third hand could be carrying bombs.
“I admit that police officers are concerned about the rally on Nov 24," he said. "I’d like to ask the public to watch the protest on TV at home, because the event will be televised on the [Democrat Party-backed] Blue Sky TV channel.
This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.