Police ‘failed to stop’ bomb blast carnage | Bangkok Post: news

News > Security

Police ‘failed to stop’ bomb blast carnage

Negligent cops sent to inactive postings

- +

Five senior police officers at Narathiwat’s Sungai Padi station have been transferred to inactive posts for their alleged failure to effectively handle bomb and arson attacks in the town last week. 

The transfer was effective on Sunday. It was ordered by Pol Lt Gen Yongyuth Charoenwanit, head of the police operation centre for the southern border provinces and sent to Narathiwat police chief Maj-Gen Pattanawut Angkanawin, who supervises the officers.

Pol Lt-Gen Yongyuth said he ordered the transfer because they failed to fully perform their duties in handling the situation, leading to serious damage to the district town. Their failures had caused the public to lose confidence in the state’s security officers, he said.

This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.

5 people commented about the above

Readers are urged not to submit comments that may cause legal dispute including slanderous, vulgar or violent language, incorrectly spelt names, discuss moderation action, quotes with no source or anything deemed critical of the monarchy. More information in our terms of use.

Please use our forum for more candid, lengthy, conversational and open discussion between one another.

  • Latest
  • Oldest
  • Most replied to
  • Most liked
  • Most disliked

    Click here to view more comments