Italy cruised to a fourth Fed Cup title on Sunday when Sara Errani gave the hosts an unassailable 3-0 lead with a comprehensive 6-1, 6-1 victory over Russian Alisa Kleybanova.
Italy's Sara Errani reacts after winning a point against Russia's Irina Khromacheva during their International Tennis Federation Fed Cup final match in Cagliari on November 2, 2013
Roberta Vinci and world number seven Errani had given Italy, the champions in 2006, 2009 and 2010, a 2-0 lead on Saturday with victories over Alexandra Panova and Irina Khromachava respectively.
Latest stories in this category:
- Life bans imposed for match-fixing
- Pakistan fined for slow over-rate in second one-dayer
- Esteban Gutierrez to stay with Sauber F1 team in 2014
- Women's volleyball team wins gold
- New Zealand pace puts Windies on the ropes
- Moyes hopes Rooney can recover to face Hammers
- Moroccan minnows out to beat Bayern to win world title
- Top spot under threat for Neymar-less Barca