MH17 shootdown may have been 'mistake': US intel official | Bangkok Post: news

News > World

MH17 shootdown may have been 'mistake': US intel official

- +

WASHINGTON - Malaysian flight MH17 may have been shot down by "mistake" by ill-trained pro-Russian separatists, US intelligence officials said Tuesday, while dismissing Moscow's accounts of the incident. 

A man walks amongst the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 after it crashed, near the town of Shaktarsk, in rebel-held east Ukraine, on July 17, 2014

Evidence gathered so far suggested the separatists launched the SA-11 surface-to-air missile that blew up the Malaysian airliner but it was still unclear "who pulled the trigger," said a senior intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

This article is older than 60 days, which we reserve for our premium members only.You can subscribe to our premium member subscription, here.

1 people commented about the above

Readers are urged not to submit comments that may cause legal dispute including slanderous, vulgar or violent language, incorrectly spelt names, discuss moderation action, quotes with no source or anything deemed critical of the monarchy. More information in our terms of use.

Please use our forum for more candid, lengthy, conversational and open discussion between one another.

  • Latest
  • Oldest
  • Most replied to
  • Most liked
  • Most disliked

    Click here to view more comments