Tudor heritage advisor: a seduction of the senses
- Published: 16/05/2012 at 12:09 PM
- Online news:
TUDOR has built a global reputation based on its subtle balance between style and technical performance. The Swiss watchmaker has become an icon of retro chic style, a seductive expression of form and function rooted in supreme reliability.
The new watches unveiled at BASELWORLD 2011 are the fruits of studied stylistic redefinition of the brand, the perfect embodiment of its resolutely modern and sophisticated identity.
This year, TUDOR again pays homage to its unique values and its six-decade long heritage with the launch of an updated version of the TUDOR HERITAGE ADVISOR model. It was first unveiled in 2010 and drew inspiration from the brand’s past, reinterpreting one of its most iconic models.
At the crossroads of style and technology, the 2011 Advisor is a modern version of the emblematic 1957 alarm watch and a true expression of TUDOR’s vintage spirit. Its movement is equipped with a mechanical alarm clock module which was exclusively developed by TUDOR and features a perfectly uniform crisp clear sound.
With added modern flair, the new Advisor conserves the original shape and proportions of the middle case, lugs, and bezel, the familiar Dauphine hands and bevelled hour markers, as well as the characteristically-shaped red alarm hand.
The case diameter has been increased from 34 mm to 42 mm to suit today’s taste. The disc at 3 o’clock indicates the status of the alarm power reserve. The alarm function is activated via a specially shaped pusher at 8 o’clock, and its ON/OFF indicator is displayed in a dial aperture at 9 o’clock. The date is indicated by a hand on the counter at 6 o’clock.
The winding crown at 2 o’clock is engraved with the name ADVISOR and is used to set the alarm. The crown at 4 o’clock is delicately decorated with the TUDOR rose from the original dial and is used to access the winding, time-setting and date-changing functions. The watch is fitted with either a vintage-size satin-finished three-piece link steel bracelet, or an alligator leather strap with a folding clasp and a new safety catch.
For an added touch of elegance and refinement, the new Advisor also comes with an additional black fabric strap decorated with raised rows of interwoven satin. This retro chic strap represents the innovative nature of TUDOR.
By uniting weaving and watchmaking for the first time, TUDOR showcases a traditional craft and brings a new dimension to the watch, expressing a style that is both unique and exceptionally comfortable to wear.
TUDOR HERITAGE ADVISOR
- Reference 79620T
- 42 mm titanium and steel case with polished and satin finish
- Smooth steel bezel
- Self-winding mechanical movement with alarm module developed by TUDOR
- Power reserve of approximately 42 hours
- Steel winding crown at 4 o’clock, engraved with the TUDOR rose
- Steel winding crown at 2 o’clock for the alarm function, engraved with ADVISOR
- Steel pusher at 8 o’clock to activate the alarm function
- ON/OFF indicator for the alarm function in an aperture at 9 o’clock
- Alarm power reserve shown on a disc at 3 o’clock
- Date hand and counter at 6 o’clock
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Waterproof to a depth of 100 m (330 ft)
- Steel bracelet or alligator leather strap with folding clasp and safety catch; additional fabric strap with buckle
You can find more information at www.tudorwatch.com