Abac: Let Thaksin come back
- Published: 9/09/2012 at 11:22 AM
- Online news:
A majority of people are of the opinion that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra should be allowed to return to the country to fight cases against him in court and that the government under Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should be given a chance to continue to work, Abac Poll revealed on Sunday.
The poll was conducted between Sept 4-8 on 2,251 people aged 18 and up in Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Lop Buri, Ayutthaya, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Sawan, Phetchabun, Chiang Mai, Mukdahan, Nong Khai, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Surin, Udon Thani, Phatthalung, Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat provinces.
The majority, 83.6 per cent, said the Yingluck government should be given a chance to continue to work and 16.4 per cent said otherwise.
Most, or 80.3 per cent, against a minority of 19.7 per cent, said Thaksin should be allowed to return to fight cases in court.
Asked what was causing the Yingluck government to be shaky and not stable enough, most or 90.2 per cent pointed to corruption, 81.7 per cent to internal fights for self interest inside the government, 74.3 per cent to the people's hardship and poverty, 62.0 per cent to powerful people outside the government, 57.3 per cent to problems over transfers of government officials, and 49.5 per cent to the opposition.
About the author
- Writer: Online Reporters
Position: Online Reporters