Censure debate going ahead
- Published: 24/11/2012 at 05:08 PM
- Online news:
The anti-government protest in Bangkok is not a threat and the no-confidence debate against the government will begin on Sunday as planned, Deputy House Speaker Charoen Chankomol said on Saturday.
Police are capable of controlling protesters at the Royal Plaza and there is no reason to postpone the debate by the Democrat and Rak Thailand parties, he said.
However, House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont would make the final decision if the situation changed, he added.
Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said the governing party supported the censure debate going ahead as planned.
Party leader Charupong Ruangsuwan said earlier that he would propose deferring the debate due to protests, but Pheu Thai members met on Saturday and agreed to go ahead.
The debate is scheduled to last until Tuesday with a vote on Wednesday.
About the author
- Writer: Online Reporters
Position: Online Reporters