Pitak Siam indictments deferred
- Published: 7/03/2013 at 03:27 PM
- Online news:
Prosecutors for Dusit District Court have deferred a decision on the indictment of 127 protesters of the Pitak Siam group, previously led by Gen Boonlert "Seh Ai" Kaewprasit, over their anti-government rally last November
The 127 protesters led by Gen Boonlert rallied at Makkhawan Rangsan bridge and many other spots on Nov 24 last year in violation of the Internal Security Act imposed by the government, effective Nov 22-30, ahead of the rally.
Three groups of protesters were arrested on Nov 24 - 97 at Makkhawan Rangsan bridge, 16 at the Misakawan intersection in the morning and 14 at the Misakawan intersection in the afternoon.
The prosecutors previously said they would issue the indictment order today. Instead, they delayed a decision until June 6.
Puangthip Boonsanong, the lawyer for the suspects, said the prosecutors explained their examination of the investigation reports had not been completed.
About the author
- Writer: Online Reporters
Position: Online Reporters