Twitter users are marking World Mental Health Day on October 10 and buzzing about heartthrob Mario Maurer.
Wednesday, October 10, marks World Mental Health Day, a global event aimed at drawing attention to the problems those battling mental illnesses face, advocating understanding and awareness. The event, trending on Twitter in Spanish as "Día Mundial de la Salud Mental," was first started in 1992 by the World Federation for Mental Health and is now marked in over 150 countries around the world.
More information about World Mental Health Day can be found at wfmh.org/00WorldMentalHealthDay.htm.
Also causing a buzz on Twitter is Thai heartthrob Mario Maurer. The 23-year-old model and actor, known for his roles in 2007's The Love of Siam and 2010's First Love, is causing hearts to flutter and tweets to flow with talk of his forthcoming movie Suddenly It's Magic. The movie follows the love of a Thai star (Maurer) who flees to the Philippines to escape his hectic lifestyle only to fall in love with a jaded Filipino woman (played by actress Erich Gonzales). The film is due out in the Philippines at the end of the month and will be released in Thailand towards the end of the year.
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on October 10 at 1:30 pm GMT are:
04. Día Mundial de la Salud Mental
05. Mario Maurer
07. Happy Hump Day
08. Wall Street
Latest stories in this category:
- Indian government wakes up to risk of Hotmail, Gmail
- Online games to keep market soaring
- iBeacon reaches out to US Apple shoppers
- Cloud firm Box raises $100 mn
- Microsoft leads attack on search traffic thieves
- Twitter pushes deeper into targeted advertising
- US tech sanctions hurt democracy activists
- Twitter appoints first female board member