On Thursday, November 15, Twitter users discuss soccer performances, life without pasta and Black Friday.
In sport, striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, in sixth position, christened Sweden's national soccer stadium Wednesday night with four goals against England, and the final one -- a tremendous overhead kick from distance -- was his most audacious success.
Twitter users are swapping video links and photos, while teammate Jonas Olsson offers up Zlatan's boots for charity auction (see JustGiving.com/Jonas-Olsson).
In non-English language topics, Turks consider what wouldn't exist without pasta or "makarna olmasaydi" (answer: the student population), Indonesian speakers discuss what they hold dearest with "Gue ngga[k] bisa jauh dari" (family, friends, and education; for others it's money, phones and the internet), while Portuguese talk holiday plans via "Nesse Feriado Eu", and Americans get ready for the annual consumer armageddon that is Black Friday.
The top 10 most talked about topics on Twitter on November 15 at 3pm GMT are:
06. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
10. Black Friday
Latest stories in this category:
- Apple removes censorship bypass app on Chinese orders: developers
- Tech trends set stage for mobile, playful 2014
- Apple monitors contractor after worker, 15, dies in China
- EU bank watchdog warns over Bitcoin
- Twitter restores ability to block unwanted followers
- US moves ahead on plan to allow phone use in planes
- 'Golden Tweet' is Twitter's most echoed note in 2013
- Yahoo Mail trouble hits fourth day