You can add Kobe Bryant's name to the list of National Basketball Association stars who are reaching out to fans via Twitter.
Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers smiles from the bench during a 104-87 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on December 28, 2012. Bryant set up a Twitter account on Friday. Despite just a single tweet, the all-star guard had garnered more than 340,000 followers in the first few hours.
The Los Angeles Lakers player ended his holdout and set up an account on the social media network Friday, tweeting: "The antisocial has become social."
Despite just the single tweet, the all-star guard had garnered more than 340,000 followers in the first few hours.
The most followed NBA player is Miami Heat star LeBron James, who has 6.8 million Twitter fans.
Latest stories in this category:
- Google Glass eyewear lets winking snap pictures
- Top sports tweets of 2013
- Facebook adds video ads
- Internet chieftains press Obama over NSA spy swoops
- Microsoft expects to name new chief early in 2014
- Mandela tops 2013 Google searches
- IBM sees five tech-powered changes in next five years
- Obama to meet tech chiefs on surveillance